Vacha Dave, Saikat Guha, Yin Zhang; Measuring and Fingerprinting Click-Spam in Ad Networks; In Proceedings of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM); Helsinki, Finland; 2012-08; pages 175–186; landing, slides
Richard A. Epstein, F. Scott Kieff, Daniel F. Spulber; The FTC, IP, and SSOs: Government Hold-Up Replacing Private Coordination, 2011-08-05; 29 pages; SSRN or doi
Published everywhere they have shelf space
- Journal of Competition Law & Economics, March 2012
- Stanford Law and Economics Olin Working Paper No. 414
- GWU Legal Studies Research Paper No. 578
- GWU Law School Public Law Research Paper No. 578
- NYU Law and Economics Research Paper No. 11-26
- U of Chicago Law & Economics, Olin Working Paper No. 568
- Northwestern Law & Econ Research Paper No. 11-23
OpenX and AdTruth Announce Partnership to Deliver Groundbreaking Mobile Targeting apabilities; press release; 2013-01-30.
Teaser: OpenX and AdTruth Announce Partnership to Deliver Groundbreaking Mobile Targeting Capabilities
Unprecedented access to quality mobile audiences via OpenX Market Real-Time Bidding platform delivers improved ROI for advertisers and publishers
- Kakul Srivastava, CEO, co-founder; ex-Yahoo!, VP & GM of Flickr
- Sol Lipman, co-founder, chief product officer; ex-AOL, VP of mobile,
- Funding (a press release factoid)
- a seed stage
- $1.7 million
- Andreessen Horowitz
- David Tisch
- Jerry Yang at AME Cloud Ventures
- Brad Garlinghouse of YouSendIt
- Ash Patel at Morado Ventures
- Sam Pullara at Sutter Hill Ventures
Via GM Invests $5 Million in PowerMat Says Wireless Charging Headed There; In Engadget; 2011-01-06.
L. Gordon Crovitz; Obama’s ‘Big Data’ Victory; In INFORMATION AGE (a blog column series) of The Wall Street Journal (WSJ); 2012-12-18.
Teaser: Marketing politicians is now like selling drinks. It involves filtering policies and voters through algorithms.
- A database <quote>unified database, factoring in some 80 pieces of information about each person, from age, race and sex to voting history.</quote>
- The campaign’s “chief scientist,” Rayid Ghani, had been at Accenture
- Campaign manager Jim Messina
- ProPublica quoted
- Multivariate tests identified issues and positions that could move undecided voters, ProPublica
- <quote>The [Obama] campaign denied reports that it tracked visits to pornography sites in its outreach algorithms.</quote>