Howard Rheingold; Links on Surveillance; at delicious.com; runs back years.
Selling Personal Data; In Huffpost Live; 2013-07-30; 25:13.
- A video program, interviews via Skype; sound is murky.
- A discursive overview of the issues.
- Nancy Redd
- Robert Leshner @rleshner (San Francisco, CA) Founder, Safe Shepherd
- Federico Zannier @zagnier (Seattle, WA) Sold Personal Data on Kickstarter; Software Engineer
- Pritam Gundecha (Tempe, AZ) PhD Student and Research Assistant at Arizona State University
- Jules Polonetsky @JulesPolonetsky (Washington, DC) Executive Director, Future of Privacy Forum
- Shane Green @shanegreen (Washington, DC) CEO/Co-founder of Personal
Dietrich T. Schmitz; http://www.technewsworld.com/story/78590.html; In TechNewsWorld; 2013-07-30.
Teaser: In this post-PRISM era, it’s only natural to assume your Internet activity is an open book — and you may just be right. “Always assume anything you put into a computer can be read by someone else and act accordingly,” said John Simpson, privacy project director at Consumer WatchDog. How to reclaim some of that lost privacy? Start with these five steps.
Libby Clark, Brian Warner; 20 Years of Top500 Data Show Linux’s Role in Supercomputing Breakthroughs; LinuxFoundation.org; 2013-07; 5 pages (3 of content) landing
- Libby Clark is a Digital Content Editor at The Linux Foundation.
- Brian Warner is a Senior Client Services Manager at The Linux Foundation.
- Top 500 Supercomputer Sites, a blog
- Libby Clark; 20 Years of Top500 Data Show Linux’s Role in Supercomputing Breakthroughs; In Linux.com; 2013-07-29.
- Phase One began in February 2011-02 when ARIN received its last /8 from IANA.
- Phase Two began in 2012-09 when ARIN had only three /8 equivalents remaining. [More Information]
- Phase Three begins when ARIN has two /8 equivalents remaining.
- Phase Four begins when ARIN has one /8 equivalent remaining.
The smell of fear is more powerful than previously thought; In Research Digest of the British Psychological Society; 2013-07-30 (or so).
de Groot JH, Semin GR, and Smeets MA (2013). “I Can See, Hear, and Smell Your Fear: Comparing Olfactory and Audiovisual Media in Fear Communication”; In Journal of Experimental Psychology. General PMID: 23855495
Thomas D. Nadeau; IETF SDN standards emerge: Southbound protocols, NFV, service chains; In TechTarget; 2013-07-30.
- Software Defined Networks (SDN)
- Network Features Virtualization (NFV)
- Routing Information Base (RIB)
- Network Service Chaining (NSC)
- Interface to the Routing System (I2RS)
- Path Computation Element (PCE)
- Network Configuration (NetConf)
- Application Layer Traffic Optimization (ALTO)
- Topology Yang models
- Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN)
- HTTP Upgrade
- open source
- the test code at github, here
- HTTP/2.0 browsers (are distinct from HTTP/1.x browsers)