Review: 2014 Cadillac ELR – Electrifying Luxury; In TFLcar (The Fast Lane Car); 2014-01-04.;
Alex Kantrowitz; Can AOL’s ‘Barbell’ Ad Strategy Save Digital Publishing?; In Ad Age; 2013-08-25.
Teaser: Protecting Premium Pricing While Embracing Real-Time Bidding
Anil Madhavapeddy, David J. Scott; Unikernels: Rise of the Virtual Library Operating System; In ACM Queue; 2014-01-12.
Mark Nottingham; Nine Things to Expect from HTTP/2; In His Blog; 2014-01-30.
- Same HTTP APIs
- Cheaper Requests
- Network- and Server-Friendliness
- Cache Pushing
- Being Able to Change Your Mind
- More Encryption
- No More Text
- It’ll Take Some Time to Get it Right
- HTTP/3 and Beyond
Erica Klarreich; Perfecting the Art of Sensible Nonsense; In Quanta Magazine; 2014-01-30.
Teaser: A new cryptographic scheme obfuscates computer programs by transforming them into something akin to a jigsaw puzzle in which random elements make each individual piece look meaningless.
- Garg, Gentry, Halevi, Raykova, Sahai, Waters; Candidate Indistinguishability Obfuscation and Functional Encryption for All Circuits; On IACR; 2013-07-21; 46 pages.
- Sahi, Waters; How to use Indistinguishability Obfuscation: Deniable Encryption, and More; On IACR; 2013-07; 35 pages.
- Boaz Barak, Sanjam Garg, Yael Tauman Kalai, Omer Paneth, Amit Sahai; Protecting Obfuscation Attacks Against Algebraic Attacks; preprint; 2013-10-01; 21 pages.
- showed in 2007, that an indistinguishability obfuscator was impssible
- Boaz Barak, Oded Goldreich, Rusell Impagliazzo, Steven Rudich, Amit Sahai, Salil Vadhan, Ke Yang; On the (Im)possibility of Obfuscating Programs; In Advances in Cryptology — CRYPTO 2001; Lecture Notes in Computer Science; Volume 2139; 2001, pp 1-18.
- Boaz Barak, Microsoft Reseearch, Cambridge MA
- Sanjam Garg, IBM Watson
- Craig Gentry, IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center in Yorktown Heights, NY
- Shafi Goldwasser, MIT
- Shai Halevi of the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center
- Yuval Ishai, Technion, Haifa IL
- Yael Tauman Kalai of Microsoft Research New England
- Daniele Micciancio, UCSD
- Omer Paneth, Boston University
- Mariana Raykova of SRI International in Menlo Park, CA
- Guy Rothblum, Microsoft Research Silicon Valley in Mountain View, CA
- Amit Sahai, UCLA, ex-MIT (1996)
- Leonard Schulman, CalTech
Reminder: Most People Endangered by Football Don’t Play in the NFL; In The Atlantic; 2014-01-30.
Gregg Easterbrook is a contributing editor of The Atlantic. He is the author of The Leading Indicators and The King of Sports: Football’s Impact on America.
Leo King; The Alarming Lifecycle Of American SMS Spam; In Forbes; 2014-01-27.
By Greg Weston, Glenn Greenwald, Ryan Gallagher; CSEC used airport Wi-Fi to track Canadian travellers: Edward Snowden documents; In CBC News); 2014-01-30.
Elizabeth Dwoskin; How You Might Be Tracked for Ads in a Post-Cookie World ; In The Wall Street Journal; 2014-01-28.
Steve Sullivan (IAB); When Ad Technology Is Misunderstood – Case In Point: The Wall Street Journal; In Their Blog; 2014-01-30.
Steve Sullivan is VP of Advertising Technology at the IAB
- Elizabeth Dwoskin; How You Might Be Tracked for Ads in a Post-Cookie World ; In The Wall Street Journal; 2014-01-28.
- IAB; Privacy and Tracking in a Post-Cookie World; 2014-01-28.
- IAB; Cookie, a definition; updated 2012-04-12.