Google’s Project Vault: A Secure Computer On A Micro SD Card; Adarsh Verma; In fossBytes; 2015-05-30.
tl;dr → after the promotion cycle, whatever became of it?
- Google I/O 2015
- Regina Duggan
- Project Vault, Google
- Google ATAP
a test program. a beta release program
- micro SD form factor
- like a SIM card, owned by Google, not the telecom industry
- ARM processor
- NFC chip
- something about crypto
- 2-factor auth
- Project Vault SDK
A Stanford dean on adult skills every 18-year-old should have; Julie Lythcott-Haims; In Quora; 2016-04-14.
tl;dr → a book promotion
An 18-year-old must be able to…
- talk to strangers
- find his or her way around
- manage his assignments, workload, and deadlines
- contribute to the running of a house hold
- handle interpersonal problems
- cope with ups and downs
- earn and manage money
- take risks
Buybacks at $46 Billion a Month Dwarf Everything in U.S. Market; Joseph Ciolli, Lu Wang, Oliver Renick; In Bloomberg; 2015-03-04.
- <hook>The biggest source of fresh cash in American equities isn’t speculators or exchange-traded funds — it’s companies buying their own stock, by a 6-to-1 margin.</hook>
- 123 companies disclosed repurchases in 2015-02.
- Comcast Corp.
- Home Depot Inc.
- TJX Cos.
- Yardeni Research Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., a report; 2015-01.
- TrimTabs Investment Research
- Bloomberg’s own research
- Dan Greenhaus, chief strategist at BTIG LLC, New York, NY.
- Howard Silverblatt, senior index analyst at S&P Dow Jones Indices.
- William Lazonick, professor of economics, University of Massachusetts Lowell.
- Dan Miller, director of equities at GW&K Investment Management.
- Richard Sichel, chief investment officer, Philadelphia Trust Co.,
- Neil Grossman, chief investment officer, Tkng Capital Partners, St. Petersburg, FL
- Gene Peroni, fund manager, Advisors Asset Management Inc., Conshohocken, PA.
- Todd Lowenstein, fund manager, HighMark Capital Management Inc., Los Angeles, CA.3
- David Santschi, chief executive officer, TrimTabs Investment Research
Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio, Aaron Courville; Deep Learning; MIT Press; (maybe) forthcoming; site.
No (not yet).
- No booksellers have it; i.e. no Amazon.
- MIT Press has licensed “HTML only” at the promotional site
- the print copy is not (yet) available.
Table of Contents