The hipster is dead, and you might not like who comes next; David Infante; In Mashable; 2015-06-09.
tl;dr → YUCCIE = Young Urban Creatives; tries too hard to be funny; winds up writing about [his] privilege.
- Remembering the Hipster, a collectio; In vice; circa 2015-12.
- What Will Replace the Hipster?; Joe Bish; In <em>Vice</em>; 2015-12-15.
- despicable millenn-intelligensia.
- creative class
- Generation Y
- Yuccies = Young Urban Creatives.
- <quote>They’re social consultants coordinating #sponsored Instagram campaigns for lifestyle brands; they’re brogrammers hawking Uber for weed and Tinder for dogs; they’re boutique entrepreneurs shilling sustainably harvested bamboo sunglasses. </quote>
- <quote>Ten years ago, “yuccies” might have been “hipsters.” Remember hipsters? Trust fund motorcycle mechanics, rustic barnwood reclaimers, drug-addled graphic designers slinking over the Williamsburg Bridge in the wee hours of the morning. In hipsterism, you can see the development of yuccie hallmarks: DIY entrepreneurship, niche marketing, ability to leverage new technology, etc. </quote>