Christopher Parsons (OPC, CA); Privacy Tech-Know Blog: Cookieless Identification and Tracking of Devices; In Their Blog; 2017-08-21.
OPC is the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
tl;dr → a recitation, a tutorial, no new material.
- local storage
- that would be “the fingerprinting”
- Behavioral Targeted Advertising (OBA)
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Mitigating Browser Fingerprinting in Web Specifications; Nick Doty (editor); working document; W3C; 2017-05-11.
- Gunes Acar, Christian Eubank, Steven Englehardt, Marc Juarez, Arvind Narayanan, Claudia Diaz; The Web never forgets: Persistent tracking mechanisms in the wild; In Proceedings of the Conference on Computer & Communication Security (CCS); 2014-11, draft of 2014-07-24; 16 pages; landing including some data in tabular format; copy; previously noted.
- Nick Nikiforakis, Alexandros Kapravelos, Wouter Joosen, Christopher Kruegel, Frank Piessens, Giovanni Vigna; Cookieless Monster: Exploring the ecosystem of web-based device fingerprinting; In Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy; 2013; pages 541–555 (15 pages); copy; previously noted.
- Ashkan Soltani (UCB), Shannon Canty (Clemson), Quentin Mayo (Jacksonville State), Lauren Thomas (Louisiana State),Chris Jay Hoofnagle (UCB); Flash Cookies and Privacy; 2009-08-11; 8 pages; ssrn:1446862
- Panopticlick by the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
- WebRTC; In Jimi Wales’ Wiki
In Their Blog, on Their Site…
- Position Paper on Behavioral Targeted Advertising (OBA)
- Cookies; a tutorial
- The Actual Privacy Benefits of Virtual Private Network (VPN); 2017-02-10