The Internet Isn’t Optimized For Meritocracy; Kaila Colbin ; In MediaPost; 2017-09-01.
Kaila Colbin is co-founder, Ministry of Awesome, an NGO, a community booster club for Christchurch, NZ
“Ministry of Awesome is the starting point for making things happen in Christchurch, NZ”
tl;dr → Kaila Colbin is unhappy, in some unspecified way.
and → Amazon, Facebook, Google, Netflix, YouTube are bad.
- Her point, and she does have one…
The references are helpful.
- “On the Internet, no one knows you’re a dog”, In The New Yorker, 1993-07; cartoon.
- Network Effect; In Jimi Wales; Wiki.
- Ben Thompson; Aggregation Theory; In His Blog; WHEN?
- Benedict Evans (A16z); Winner Take All; In His Blog; 2017-08-20.
tl;dr → there is a Network Effect (“winner take all” effect) in the industry supporting autonomous automobiles; e.g. LIDAR units are a commodity, anyone and everyone
makes themcould make them.
Thusly, The Salubrious Effect accrues unto
- [businesses selling] software
- [businesses selling] city-wide optimization and routing [services]
- [businesses operating] on-demand fleets.