The promise of managing identity on the blockchain; Ron Miller; In TechCrunch; 2017-09-10.
tl;dr → Yes, no, maybe so. Equifax. ForgeRock, Okta. Ping Identity.
- only when practiced in its purist form.
The Suitcase Words
- Identity Management (IDM)
- public blockchain
- public permissionless blockchain
- distributed ledger technology (Distributed Ledger Technology)
- distributed nodes
- attack surface
- Vista Equity Partners bought Ping Idenitty for $680M in 2016.
Vista Equity Partners, private equity firm
- LDAP (the “old way”)
- Jerry Cuomo, Fellow and VP of blockchain technologies, IBM.
- Steve Wilson, staff, Constellation Research.
- Eve Maler, staff, ForgeRock.
- Charles Race, president of worldwide field operations, Okta.
- Andre Durand, CEO, Ping Identity
- Ian Glazer, an expert.
Nothing. It recirculates.