The Future of Computing Depends on Making It Reversible; Michael P. Frank; In IEEE Spectrum; 2017-08-25; in print as “Throwing Computing Into Reverse.”, 2017-09.
Michael P. Frank, a senior member of the technical staff, Sandia National Laboratories, in Albuquerque, NM..
- Rolf Landauer, IBM, 1961.
- Charles Bennet
- K. Eric Drexler
- Ralph Merkle
- experimentally confirmed, In Nature; WHEN?
- The Fundamental Physical Limits of Computation; Charles Bennett; In Scientific American; WHEN?
- A Radical Computer Learns to Think In Reverse; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In The New York Times (NYT); 1999-06-15.
- reversible nanomechanical logic devices; in Some Blog; WHEN?
- Superconducting Niobium Chip Smashes Silicon Power Consumption Standards; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In MIT Technology Review;WHEN?
tl;dr → something about Northrop Grumman.
- Irreversibility and Heat Generation in the Computing Process
- Something about parametric quantron
- Some Paper
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
- Institute for Molecular Manufacturing
- Information Mechanics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), ex-Xerox PARC
- Rutgers University
- Physics RSFQ, State University of New York, Stony Brook
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Southern California
- Yoshi Lab, Yokohama National University
In Jimi Wales’ Wiki…
- Billiard Ball Computer
- Drexler (K. Eric Drexler)
- Fredkin Gate
- Quantum Dot Cellular Automaton
- Quantum Flux Parametron
- Reversible Computing
- Toffoli Gate
In IEEE Spectrum…