Bill Wise (MediaOcean), Boris Mouzykantskii (IPONWEB); For Blockchain To Work In Ad Tech, We Need To Be Honest About Its Challenges; within Data-Driven Thinking, a series in AdExchanger; 2017-08-28.
Bill Wise is co-founder and CEO, Mediaocean
Boris Mouzykantskii is founder, CEO and chief scientist at IPONWEB.
- Not Ready For Real Time
- Blockchain Requires Standards
- Solutions In Search Of Problems
- A Matter Of Trust
- Getting Everyone On Board
- World Federation of Advertisers (WFA)
- Jimi Wales’ Wiki.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- Ads.txt – Authorized Digital Sellers, Tech Lab, Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- 0.1 q/s → “vanilla” blockhain
- bigger → Lightning Network
- 1,600 q/s → Coco Framework
- 5M q/s → current RTB
- Adam Helfgott, founder, Ad Ledger
- <quote>Given that blockchain is essentially a radically secure version of decades-old distributed ledger technology, it’s often worth asking, given that not all blockchains are as secure as they seem, if a blockchain is really necess
- ary – or if a simple distributed ledger will do.</quote>
- <quote>There’s a surprisingly fuzzy line between a private blockchain and a dressed-up distributed ledger; between the risks of misunderstanding what’s what and PR teams’ drive to fit products into buzzwords, it’s easy for the hype to water down the true potential – a scenario we’re already familiar with from developments like AI. And when hype overtakes reality, disappointment and burst bubbles are never far behind.</quote>
- Blockchain: The Next Generation Of The Internet; [Bain, or Deloitte?], commissioned work for the World Economic Forum; 2017-06.
- Joseph Poon, Thaddeus Dryja; Lightning Network; a whitepaper; 2016-01-14; separately filled.
- Microsft & Intel Announce a Blockchain Framework; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In MediaPost; WHEN?
tl;dr → the Coco Framework
- ; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In Business Insider; 2017 (WHEN?)
- Martin Kihn (Gartner); Ad Tech Worse Wall Street; In Their Blog; WHEN?
In Ad Exchanger…
- The Marketer’s Guide to Blockchain; 2017-07-06; separately noted
- Blockchain: The Best Solution to AdTech’s Pressing Problem?; WHEN?