Turns Out Algorithms Are Racist; Navneet Alang; In The New Republic; 2017-08-31.
Teaser: Artificial intelligence is becoming a greater part of our daily lives, but the technologies can contain dangerous biases and assumptions—and we’re only beginning to understand the consequences.
tl;dr → Cites a Wired essay in the first ‘graph. Hangs the tale off of that.
and → then
s/Sexist/Racist/g; we saw what you did there.
Machines Taught by Photos Learn a Sexist View of Women; Tom Simonite; In Wired; 2017-08-21.
- Artificial Intelligence Now, an advocacy site
- Machines Taught by Photos Learn a Sexist View of Women; Tom Simonite; In Wired; 2017-08-21.
- push customers to higher-priced products
- Amazon Says It Puts Customers First But Its Pricing Algorithm Doesnt; staff; ProPublica; WHEN?
- Machine Bias Risk Assessments In Criminal Sentencing; staff; ProPublica; WHEN?
- The Algorithmic Democracy; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In Fast Codesign; WHEN?
- Congress takes on Recidivism; SCR; In The Atlantic; 2016-06.
- Algorithms And Bias What Lenders Need Know; promotional literature; White & Case; 2017-01-20
White & Case offers legal advice services to business and government.
- Facebook Robots Speak In Their Own Language; SCR; In The Sun; WHEN?
<rly?>The Sun, there was no better reference than an offshore general-interest tablid?</rly?>
In The New Republic…