John Gruber; Daring Fireball: Advertising Trade Groups Object to Safari’s New Intelligent Tracking Protection; In His Blog; 2017-09-16.
tl;dr → the gloating. Big Bad Apple pulled one over on Big Bad AdTech. Gruber a Cupertino boosterist. Quotes from the Microsoft pantheon are exhibited.
Every Major Advertising Group Is Blasting Apple for Blocking Cookies in the Safari Browser; Marty Swant; In Ad Week; 2017-09-14.
Teaser: They argue it’ll hurt user experience and campaign targeting
- Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP)
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- American Advertising Federation (AAF)
- Association of National Advertisers (ANA)
Trade Group Name with Four ‘A’s in it (4A)
American Association of Advanced Advertisers (AAAA, 4A)
American Association of Advertising Agencies (4As)
- Steven Sinofsky, ex-president, Windows, Microsoft