tl;dr → something about accuracy of imputations in consumer profiles, accuracy of “data.”
Ramsey McGrory (AddThis); The Data Providers One Quadrant Chart To Rule Them All; 2013-02.
tl;dr → it’s a metaphor with four (4) quadrants induced by a 2-axis “system”; later a 3rd access, a Z-axis
- online ↔ offline
- anonymous → personal
- singleton → conglomerate
- <quote>data being neither intrinsically “good” nor “bad,” but rather having “qualities.”<quote>, attributed to Ted McConnell.
- behaviors, drive actions.
- Something allegorical about Viewability and Trust & Safety vending as a separable service of attestation, 2012 → 2017.
- <quote>Viewability speaks to a broader metadata theme of trust, as well as an underlying theme of data quality and users’ engagement with content delivered against this data.</quote>
- Hey! That’s not a business, that’s a Business Unit;
Hey! That’s not a BU, that’s a Product.
Hey! That’s not a Product, that’s a Feature.
<quote>Then, these vertical standalone organizations and solutions were horizontally integrated into the operating agencies as capabilities.</quote>
- SafeGraph <quote>works with universities and health organizations to understand movement data and the spread of infectious diseases.</quote>
- [all] device IDs are persistent
- <quote>there are growing trends toward people taking control of their anonymization through the use of virtual private networks and Tor</quote>
- As stated:
- casual consumer use of VPNs is prevalent [enough to measure]
- casual consumer use of Tor is prevalent [enough to measure]
- Contrast with:
<surely>IPv6 use is prevalent,
IPv6 use is prevalent enough to warrant dual-stack interfaces on the great centralized ad exchanges.</surely>
- As stated:
- <quote>mobile, where cookies can’t be used</quote>
- <quote>that major brands may view agencies as differentiated commodity services, put their media in review with greater frequency and bid them down.</quote>
- The adtech bubble is ongoing; adtech will be forward-funded on an ongoing basis:<quote><snip/> will continue to be funded with massive capital because the opportunities for innovation and disruption are huge.</quote>
Three Four V’s of Data
- White Ops
- Xaxis of WPP
- Nerve Center of VivaKi of Publicis
Hearts & Science
<honorific>won major accounts on a transparent, data-centric and deeply integrated vision.</honorific>
- Ted McConnell, practitioner.
<quote>Ted McConnell, an independent consultant in the digital marketing space.</quote>
- Doug Laney; 3D Data Management: Controlling Data Volume, Velocity, and Variety; Meta Group, hosted at Some Blogof Gartner Group; 2001-02-06; 4 pages.
- A Very Short History Of Big Data; Gil Press; In Forbes; 2013-05-09; separately noted.
via: Some Author; A Very Short History of Big Data; On WhatsTheBigData.com, a booster site; 2012-06-06.
- Acquisitions, of Oracle Inc.; In Jimi Wales’ Wiki
- LUMAscapes, of LUMA Partners.
In Ad Exchanger…
- Ready Fire Aim: Consumer Privacy Mistrust Digital Age; Ramsey McGrory; 2017-04
- Market No Ratings Standards Can Best Data Win; Greg Herbst; RECENTLY?
The Suitecase Words
- ”data truth”
- “moat for data”
- “truth of the inference”
- intenders, as “auto intenders”
- connected television
- addressable television
- advanced television
- data-enabled television
- targeted television
- integrated television and video,
integrated television and video initiatives
- strategic elements
strategic elements of advertising campaigns.
- holistic planning
- anonymous data
- digital data
- ad block
- cookie block
growth of mobile.
- device IDs
desire for anonymity.
massive data breaches
- sensitive information
- Social Security numbers
- credit card numbers
technology and services companies
- to verb… with large agencies
aggressively and acquisitively execute,
continue to aggressively and acquisitively execute,
continue to aggressively and acquisitively execute on their strategies,
continue to aggressively and acquisitively execute on their strategies to deliver on
holding company agencies.
converged, data-driven solutions.
- transparent vision
- data-centric vision
- integrated vision,
deeply integrated vision.
- The side,
- The downside
- The upside
differentiated commodity services,
agencies as differentiated commodity services.
- data activation
in a time of such great change,
wait for it … wait for it … the only constant is change …thank you, thank you very much, I’ll be here all week.
- The Bottom Line
- In a world of…
- first-party data
- third-party data
- personal data
- census data
- anonymous data
- panel data,
- pixel data
deeper understanding of consumers’ …
deeper understanding of consumers’ awareness and interests,
deeper understanding of consumers’ awareness and interests while enjoying <snip/> profitability,
deeper understanding of consumers’ awareness and interests while enjoying short- and long-term profitability,
deeper understanding of consumers’ awareness and interests while enjoying short- and long-term profitability of their brands.
delivering on this vision.
extensive data infrastructure.
deep understanding of
- advertising technology ecosystems
- marketing technology ecosystems
- content technology ecosystems
all the ecosystems,
And across all the ecosystems
- nounof data
- consolidation of data
- standardization of data
- interpretation of data
winners and losers
winners and losers will be decided.
enable massive transformation,
enable massive transformation at <snip/> lower costs.
enable massive transformation at materially lower costs.