ACLU urges Pasadena police to stop using data gathered from Spokeo; Kevin Smith; In The San Gabriel Valley Tribune; 2017-10-17 (and updated).
Teaser: The ACLU is urging the Pasadena Police Department to stop using aggregated social media data collected by Spokeo Inc., a Pasadea-based people-search business. Harrison Tang, the company’s CEO, is shown [in the creative work] at the company’s headquarters.
- Spokeo Inc.
- Harrison Tang,, CEO
- Terry Tornek, Mayor, Pasadena.
- Steven Mermell, City Manager, Pasadena.
- Phillip Sanchez, Police Chief, Pasadena
- Spokeo For Law Enforcement,
- a product offering, a database, a lookup service.
- aggregated social media (postings, pictures, etc.).
- American Civil Liberties Union
- California Public Records Act
- Spokeo Connects Investigators To A Wealth Of Records Social Media Data; Some Cub Reporter (SCR) Kevin Smith; In Some Blog generically entitled Daily Bulletin; 2017-07-13.
- Spokeo for Law Enforcement
- Spokeo Enterprise
- Vendors [alternates]
- Jason Matthes, senior vice president [of WHAT?]
- Harrison Tang, CEO.
- Paul Colangelo, CEO of GRS.
- Stephen Henderson, self; honorary deputy sheriff, Orange County Sheriff’s Department.