Are you sharing the same IP address as a criminal? Law enforcement call for the end of Carrier Grade NAT (CGN) to increase accountability online; press release; EuroPol; 2017-10-17.
tl;dr → they want IPv6 to definitively tie a single suspect to a single Internet Protocol Address.
and → <quote>A new version of IP address (IPv6) which provides an unlimited number of IP addresses…</quote> ["unlimited" rly?]
A workshop, 2017-10-13. With a finding, and a press release.
- Estonian Presidency of the EU Council
- Carrier Grade Network Address Translation (CGN, CG-NAT)
- Standing Committee on Operational Cooperation on Internal Security (COSI)
- Action Plan on Internet and Terrorism
- Cybercrime Task Force, European Union
- the IPv6 Company
- European Commission.
- Rob Wainwright, Executive Director, Europol.
- Steven Wilson, “head” of European Cybercrime Centre, Europol.