Android takes aim at ISP surveillance with DNS privacy; John E Dunn; In Naked Security; 2017-10-27.
- Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Server Name Identification (SNI)
- Port 853
like Port 53, but with TLS.
- Android, not specific to Android
- Google DNS
- <claim>even Google’s DNS service doesn’t support it yet.</claim>
- Confidential DNS
- DNS-over-DLTS (DNSoD)
- Investigatory Powers Act (IPA)
- United Kingdom (UK)
- commenced 2016-11
- a.k.a. “Snooper’s Charter”
- DNS Dev Opt; In Some Forum, hosted by Google
The Android Open Source Project (AOSP) development site
- RFC 7858 – DNS-over-TLS; IETF; WHEN? (maybe circa 2015)
- draft-huitema-tls-sni-encryption-01 – TLS SNI Encryption; IETF; WHEN?
- What is a DNS Leak; In Some Blog, at
- Learn More; In Some Blog; WHEN?
- What is a VPN; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In Some Blog; 2015-10-19.
- Google This Surge In Chrome HTTPS Traffic Shows How Much Safer You Now Are Online; Some Cub Reporter (SCR); In ZDNet; WHEN?
In Naked Security…
- DNSSEC Master Key Change Delayed After ISPs Struggle; 2017-10-04.
- Dismay As Snoopers Charter Finally Becomes Law; 2016-11-29.