Students Get Tuition Aid for a Piece of Their Future; Jillian Berman; In The Wall Street Journal (WSJ); 2017-09-10.
Teaser: Income share agreements seem poised to take off, as costs and debt loads rise.
tl;dr → <quote>Under the terms of a typical ISA, students agree to pay a percentage of their future earnings for a predetermined period in exchange for help up front with their tuition.</quote>
- Income Share Agreement (ISA)
- Lumni, an organization offering students in Latin America ISAs since 2002 and in the U.S. since 2009.
- Cappex.com, a web site; vertical search of college and scholarship offers.
- Purdue University, Indiana
Back a Boiler program.
- Purdue Research Foundation, manages the ISA program at Purdue.
- David Bergeron, senior fellow at the Center for American Progress.
- David Cooper, chief investment officer, Purdue Research Foundation.
- Mitch Daniels,
- the university’s president,
- ex-governor, Indiana.
- James Fish, chief financial officer, Clarkson University.
- Mark Kantrowitz, publisher, Cappex.com.
- Zachary Meyer,
- Reference customer.
- Senior, Purdue,
- Miguel Palacios
- assistant professor of finance, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary.
- co-founder of Lumni.
- Jason Tyszko, executive director of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Center for Education and Workforce,