HP’s PC chief Ron Coughlin talks regaining PC share, targeting gamers, and expanding to VR; Dean Takahashi; In VentureBeat; 2017-09 (vaguely dated as “one month ago, basedlined from 2017-10, don’t ya hate it when they do that?).
tl;dr → HP will do (Windows) computers for games & VR.
- Ron Coughlin
- A person’s a person, no matter how small
- Persons want to be connected.
- Anything&Everything-as-a-Service (AEaaS)
- Upscale, “premium”
- privacy screen 35°
- 3D Scanning
- 3D Printing
- VR backpack
- Omen (a brand of Windows PC)
- Microsoft is the partner
- Omen X Notebook
- Omen X DNA
- Omen Command Center
(a Windows App to control on-box devices, lights, etc.)
- Omen Battery
- Omen Keyboard
- 22mm motion
- 26-key multiple keypress
(2x over 26 keys? or 2^26 possible combinations?)
- application areas are recited,
customer opportunities beyond “officework” are recited.
- retail store operations (shelf stocking)
- also HP Moves into VR and AR with Investments in the Venture Reality Fund; 2017-04-24.