Gregor Hohpe; The Architect Elevator – Visiting the Upper Floors; In Martin Fowler’s Blog; 2017-05-24.
tl;dr → an architect must be able to speak argot to a wide range of cultures; the architect travels to meet the client & the service workers, they do not travel to meet him. The elevator is a metaphor for SES in the workplace.
- The Architect Elevator
- Cloud-ready applications demand run-time architecture
- Automate software manufacturing to reduce time-to-value
- Minimize up-front decision making
- Sell architecture options
- Make architecture fit for purpose
- Validate decisions through feedback loops
- Architect the organization alongside technology evolution
- Remove blockers at the right “floor”
- ArchOps: Build a vertical architecture team
- Keep riding the elevator