An ad Some server was delisted by an ad block list due to a DMCA order.
- Filter Lists, lists of filters
- Staff (Adguard); How Ad Blocking Works; In Their Blog; WHEN?
- Dan Rua (Admiral); DMCA Easylist Adblock Copyright Access Control Admiral 10 Things To Know; In Their Blog; 2017-08-11.
Dan Rua, CEO, Admiral.
[unctionalclam.com<quote>domain is part of the DMCA copyright access control platform Admiral provides publishers so they can engage visitors in a transparent way on the value exchange for their copyrighted content, instead of resorting to surprise ad reinsertion the way some of our competitors advocate but visitors and advertisers dislike.</quote>
- 2017-08-11, 08:09 GMT
- an EFF representative
offered their help to EasyList maintainers.
- 2017-08-11 11:34 GMT
- Filters maintainers commented on the situation
- 2017-08-11 13:13 GMT
- Comment from Admiral
- 2017-08-11 17:05 GMT
- The original DMCA notice is now available
- 2017-08-11 21:13 GMT
- Github representative commented on the situation
- commit in the repo of EasyList, 2017-08-10.
tl;dr → The “functionalclam.com” domain was removed with a comment “Removed due to DMCA takedown request”.
- 2017-07-19 (2017-08-11 – 23 days)
- commit, 2017-08-11 minus 23 days
tl;dr → added “functionalclam.com” to EasyList.
@dmcahelper(an account at GitHub?) threatened <someone/> or <something/>.
- A similarity is observed in
Staff (Block Ad Block); Is Adblock Plus Violating The DMCA; In Their Blog; WHEN?