Ross Mayfield; The Coming Tech Backlash; In That Certain Blog at possibly entitled Shift (too much cobranding), sponsored by Newco, but centrally hosted at Medium; 2017-01-03.
Teaser: Tech innovation is killing jobs, not foreign scapegoats, and revolt after Trump will be Luddite
Summary: The tech industry played an influential role in the outcome of the US Presidential election. Not just in providing the medium for Fake News and propaganda. The root cause is job destruction by Automation — that drove a base of dissatisfied rust-belt voters to support Trump. Job destruction is accelerating, and if Tech doesn’t get ahead of this problem, there will be a significant populist backlash against the industry and it’s ability to progress.
Ross Mayfield is CEO & Co-founder, Pingpad; ex-LinkedIn, SlideShare, Socialtext, RateXchange.
tl;dr → The future is foretold. The hipster socialism. A startup is promoted. Robots bad. Need Jobs for the unpublished classes. the lede is buried. The working classes need Slack addon, Pingpad, that create jobs; a bot-augmented wiki knowledge base.
- “Tech”, The Tech, The Tech Industry
a.k.a. publishing on the online web, the blogging.
- <pro-forma><cliché>The future is unevenly distributed</cliché></pro-forma>
- The Singularity
- Truck Driver
- Basic Income
- (semi-)Universal Basic Income
- YCombinator has a “fellows” grant program
- Pot (a.k.a. Marijuana)
- Google Busses
- post-ethics era
- post-truth era
- Joi Ito, Jeff Howe; Whiplash: How to Survive Our Faster Future; Grand Central Publishing; 2016-12-06; 320 pages; ASIN:1455544590: Kindle: $15, paper: $5+SHT; separately filled.
- Slack Channel
- Some Study. That. Shows, branded as An Oxford Study
- Some Study. That. Shows, branded as A McKinsey Study