What Happens To Privacy When The Internet Is In Everything?; Natasha Lomas; In TechCrunch; 2015-01-25.
Harvard professors warn ‘privacy is dead’ and predict mosquito-sized robots that steal samples of your DNA; Afp, Mark Prigg; In The Daily Mail; 2014-01-22.
- Researchers told Davos that privacy is already non existent
- Say technology will allow governemtns and insurance firms to steal DNA
- Also claims the same technology could help eradicate disease
- Margo Seltzer, professor, Harvard.
- <paraphrased>privacy is effectively dead</paraphrased>
- <quote>Privacy as we knew it in the past is no longer feasible… How we conventionally think of privacy is dead.</quote>
- Joseph Nye, professor, Harvard.
- Sophia Roosth, (postdoc?) Harvard.
- Rodney Brooks, Rethink Robotics
- Anthony Goldbloom, self.
- World Economic Forum, Davos.
- Eric Schmidt, Google
- Edith Ramirez, Chairwoman, Federal Trade Commissino (FTC)
- Deep Mind, bought by Google
Margo Seltzer (Sleepycat); Beyond Relational Databases; In ACM Queue; Volume 3, Issue 3; 2004-04-21.
- E. F. Codd. 1970. A relational model of data for large shared data banks. Communications of the ACM 13(6): 377-387.
- M. M. Astrahan, et al. 1976. System R: Relational approach to database management. ACM Transactions on Database Systems 1(2): 97-137.
- M. Stonebraker. 1976. The design and implementation of Ingres. ACM Transactions on Database Systems 1(3): 189-222.
- P. Bernstein, et al. 1998. The Asilomar report on database research. ACM SIGMOD Record 27(4).
- S. Chaudhuri, G. Weikum. 2000. Rethinking database system architecture: Towards a self-tuning RISC-style database system. The VLDB Journal: 1-10.
- M. Stonebraker, U. Cetintemel, 2005. One size fits all: An idea whose time has come and gone. Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Data Engineering (2005-04).
- F. Broussard. 2004. Worldwide IT asset management software forecast and analysis, 2002-2007. IDC Doc. #30277.
- J. Gray, A. Reuter. 1993. Transaction Processing: Concepts and Technologies, 397-402. San Mateo, CA: Morgan Kaufman Publishers.
Lucian Carata, Sherif Akoush, Nikilesh Balakrishnan, Thomas Bytheway, Ripduman Sohan, Margo Seltzer, Andy Hopper; A Primer on Provenance; In ACM Queue; 2014-04-10.