tinyLIDAR: The Maker Friendly Laser Sensor Arduino X; on IndieGoGo; WHEN? About NOW; Indiegogo campaign; Separately noted.
- ultrasonic sensors
- LIDAR → Light Detection and Ranging
- Controlled from Arduino by I2C
Distance measurements from 30 mm → 2000 mm.
1x board → $15
3x boards →$39 + $5 SHT
- A simple breakout board for VL53L0X can be picked up for $6.63 a piece, with shipping adding another $2.09 if you’re just after a single board.
- A breakout board for the VL53L0X, for $14.95.
- Ultrasonic Sensors Catalog; MatBotix
- At Instructibles
- VL53L0X, STMicroelectronics
- Some Sort of Tutorial; On YouTube; WHEN? <length?>linear media, feel your life ticking away… there is no transcript?</liength?>
tl;dr → claiming the VL53L0X can be driven with a faster scan rate if a dual processor approach is used.
- Alasdair Allan; iOS Sensor Apps with Arduino; O’Reilly Media; 2011-09; 128 pages; Amazon:1449308481: Kindle: $8, paper: $67+SHT.
Teaser: Wiring the iPhone and iPad into the Internet of Things
- written about them; Shop at O’Reilly; WHEN?