After Header Bidding: Unified Ad Serving; Philip Rosenstein (staff); In RTBlog, of MediaPost; 2017-08-06.
tl;dr → something about something called unified ad serving. Pubmatic has products in this modality.
Understanding Auction Dynamics; a white paper; PubMatic; 2017-08; 19 pages; (paywalled; pay with PII) landing.
In programmatic advertising
- use of header bidding partners
- supply-side platform consolidation
- infrastructure costs
- publisher control
- increased focus on ROI and yield
[how is this different than #3?]
- Jeffrey K. Hirsch, CMO, “head” of U.S. publisher development, PubMatic
- Header bidding
- Programmatic (advertising)
- Programmatic is not API access
- Programmatic is not self-serve.
- Programmatic is not impacted managed service
- Programmatic is … what the cool kids are doing.
- Waterfall auctions
- Device matching
- Device graph
- Mobile first
<snide>means exactly what?</snide>
<snide2>It means no Wintel, that’s what it means.</snide2>
In MediaPost …
Rick Armstrong (TRUSTe); Deep Dive into the DAA’s Application of Self-Regulatory Principles to the Mobile Environment; In Their Blog; 2010-10-08.
Rick Armstrong, Senior Product Marketing Manager, TRUSTe
Jack Marshall; Programmatic’s Toolbar Problem; In Digiday; 2013-05-02.