Foster Provost; Geo-Social Targeting for Privacy-Friendly Mobile Advertising: Position Paper; NYU/Stern Working Paper CeDER-11-06a; Position Paper for what?; 2011-06-09; 6 pages.
- S. Aral, L. Muchnik, and A. Sundararajan. Distinguishing influence-based contagion from homophily-driven diffusion in dynamic networks. In Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences; 106(51):21544–21549; 2009.
- C. Cortes, D. Pregibon, and C. T. Volinsky. Communities of interest. pages 105–114, 2001.
- D. J. Crandall, L. Backstrom, D. Cosley, S. Suri, D. Huttenlocher, and J. Kleinberg. Inferring social ties from geographic coincidences. In Proceedings of the National Academy of Science; 107(52):22436–22441, 2010-12.
- S. Hill, D. K. Agarwal, R. Bell, and C. Volinsky. Building an effective representation for dynamic networks. In Journal of Computational & Graphical Statistics; 15(3):584–608; 2006.
- S. Hill and F. Provost. The myth of the double-blind review? Author identification using only citations. In ACM SIGKDD Explorations; 5(2):179–184; 2003.
- S. Hill, F. Provost, and C. Volinsky. Network-based marketing: Identifying likely adopters via consumer networks. In Statistical Science; 22(2):256–276; 2006.
- S. Hill, F. Provost, and C. Volinsky. Learning and Inference in Massive Social Networks. In Proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Mining and Learning with Graphs; 2007.
- G. Kossinets and D. J. Watts. Origins of homophily in an evolving social network. In AJS, 115(2):405–450, 2009-09.
- S. A. Macskassy and F. Provost. Classification in networked data: A toolkit and a univariate case study. In Journal of Machine Learning Research, 8:935–983; 2007.
- M. McPherson, L. Smith-Lovin, and J. M. Cook. Birds of a feather: Homophily in social networks. In Annual Review of Sociology, 27:415–444, 2001.
- J. Neville and F. Provost. Predictive modeling with social networks. Tutorial at the ACM SIGKDD, 2008.
- F. Provost, B. Dalessandro, R. Hook, X. Zhang, and A. Murray. Audience selection for on-line brand advertising: privacy-friendly social network targeting. In Proceedings of the 15th ACM SIGKDD International Conference On Knowledge Discovery And Data Mining (KDD); pages 707–716; 2009; separate updated version 2011-05-25; separately filled.