Steve Mann; Veillance Integrity by Design: A new mantra for CE devices and services. [Soapbox]; In IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, Volume 5, Issue: 1; 2016-01 (2015-12-14); 8 pages; DOI:10.1109/MCE.2015.2484879; landing, pdf.
Steve Mann is Steve Mann. He is also General Chair of the IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society, Associate Editor of IEEE Technology and Society, is a licensed Professional Engineer, and Senior Member of the IEEE.
The purpose of the Veillance Foundation is to bring together people interested in the decriminalization of truthfulness, honesty, integrity, health and safety, privacy, remembrance, humanistic intelligence, and scientific understanding of our world, both natural and human-made. Our goal is to develop technologies and business practices around basic principles of honesty, integrity, health and safety, privacy, remembrance, humanistic intelligence, and open-scientific discourse.
- 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS)
veillance.me(seems the domain was repurposed since 2013).
- K. Wiens, “The right to repair”, IEEE Consumer Electron. Mag., vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 123-135, Oct. 2015.
Show Context View Article Full Text: PDF (965KB)
- OWLS Security Systems
- Cisco Smart+Connected City Lighting
- S. Mann, Physical assault by McDonald’s for wearing digital eye glass
- K. Kelly, Out of Control, Chapter 2
- Some Paper; In Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE Inte
- Equiveillance, In Jimi Wales’ Wiki
- surveillance, definition at etymonline.com
- Sousveillance, In Jimi Wales’ Wiki
- Some Story, Associated Press; WHEN?
- Boston police commissioner hoping to criminalize the recording of cops in public, at Photography Is Not A Crime; 2015-08.
- Cop draws gun on resident for filming police from his own driveway, in countercurrentnews.com, 2015-08.
- Cleaning That Dirty Water; In The Daily Free Press; 2004-03-02.
- Five Eyes, In Jimi Wales’ Wiki
- Professor Steve Ladder Theory: Understanding Sousveillance; In Uberveillance; 2011-01-03.
- Some Video; On YouTube; WHEN?
- The Sightfield Visualizing Paper; 2014.
- Janzen, Mann, Veillametrics; 2014.
- Cory Doctorow: What if People Were Sensors, Not Things To Be Sensed?; In Locus Magazine, 2015-09.
- i290 SSCD; a course; Information School, University of California. Berkeley (UCB); WHEN?
- Minsky, Sensularity, In Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS), 2013.
- Steve Mann; Sousveillance; In WHERE?; 2004.
- Quantimetric Self-Sensing Prototype, a picture, In Jimi Wales’ Wiki
- WHO? Mann? Sousveillance: Media Strategic Political Communications; Publisher; WHEN?; N pages; ASIN:0826430090: Kindle: maybe, $+SHT.
- Paper; Paywalled at the IEEE; WHEN?; landing.
- Veillance and Transparency; Call for Papers; WHEN?
- Steve Mann; staff; In The Blueprint; WHEN?
- 1807/24600, TSpace
- The Illusion of Choice: 99% of American Media is Controlled by Six Corporations, Global Research, CA.