Server-Side Stitching: How Publishers Are Bypassing Ad Blockers And Avoiding Video Latency; Kelly Liyakasa; In Ad Exchanger; 2016-02-04.
- Server-side ad insertion (SSAI)
- TV-like asset
- <quote> called client-side ad insertion “prey” for ad block</quote>, attributed to Ralf Jacob, Verizon
- CBS All Access
- Over The Top (OTT)
who need programmatic, 3rd-party ads, client-side ad insertion
- Lift, BightCove
- Anvato, an SSAI vendor.
- Video Ad Serving Template 4.0 (VAST 4.0), Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), of Apple
- operating systems
Technology (the stitchers)
- Adobe Primetime (was Auditude)
- FreeWheel of Comcast
- mDialog of Google
- Verizon Digital Media Services
- DoubleClick For Publishers, of Google
- Alex Calic, CRO, The Media Trust.
- Mike Green, VP, Brightcove,
- Ralf Jacob, CRO, Verizon Digital Media Services.
- Matt Smith, chief evangelist, Anvato.
- Jarred Wilichinsky, VP of video monetization and operations,CBS Digital Media at CBS Interactive of Continental Broadcasting System (CBS)