Tim Elmore; Two Worlds to Understand When Leading Generation Z; In His Blog; 2017-05-18
tl;dr → promotions: a book, a trade show.
Tim Elmore, Andrew McPeak; Marching Off the Map: Inspire Students to Navigate a Brand New World Kindle Edition; Poet Gardener Publishing; 2017-07-25; 328 pages; Amazon:B073VWV563: Kindle: $10, paper: no.
National Leadership Forum of Growing Leaders (LLC?), circa 2017-06.
- VUCA → Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity
- TGIF → Thank God It’s Friday! Twitter(SMS-style) Texting, Google, Instagram, Facebook
- A “smart” world.
- It’s all different now.
- Inspire students to own their education and their future
- Lead students from an attitude of apathy to one of passion through metacognition
- Enable students to push back from the constant digital distractions and practice mindfulness
- Raise kids who make healthy progress, both emotionally and intellectually, through their teenage years
- Give students the tools to handle the complexities of an ever-changing world
- Understand and practically apply the latest research on Generation Z
- Vinika Rao, Executive Director, INSEAD?
- Leonard Sweet (Ph.D.), futurist,
- Jean Twenge (Ph.D.), U.C. San Diego
- A military doctrine, a metaphorical stance in strategic thought. See Jimi Wales’ Wiki. It has seen since been adopted by the HBR crowd to give a muscular sense to their questing activities.
For Elmore & McPeak’s work, the sense is toned down: VUCA for middle school -type social uncertainty, worry for the planet, ambiguity for the life course,etc.The TGIF World
Source: Leonard Sweet, tweet,
Social media: My stars! Gee Whiz! Kids these days!
- Baby Boomers
- Generation X
- Generation Y
- Generation Z
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- healthy progress,
- latest research.
- role models,
- State of (un)readiness; staff; Universum, a lifestyle boutique agency; 2017-03-09 (maybe); 26 slides.
tl;dr → a panel study, N=18,337, 19 countries (unclear how the interviews were collected, <em<e.g. by web, phone, etc.)
Teaser: A glimpse of how Generations X, Y and Z believe the workplace should function and the technologies poised to transform it. (Hint: your employees expect things you’re likely unprepared to deliver)
- Self Driving Car Race Crash Buenos Aires Formula E e-Prix; Some Cub Reporter; In Some Blog; 2017-02-18.
- Changing Mental Health Todays Teens; In Their Blog; WHEN?
promoting a podcast, an interview of Dr Jean Twenge.