Anti-privacy unkillable super-cookies spreading around the world – study; Iain Thomson; In The Register; 2015-08-17.
Teaser: And there’s nothing you can do about it
Nader Ammari, Gustav Björksten, Peter Micek, Deji Olokotun; The rise of Mobile Tracking Headers: How Telcos Around the World Are Threatening Your Privacy; Access (accessnow.org); 2015-08; 19 pages.
How Ads Follow You from Phone to Desktop to Tablet; Adam Tanner; In MIT Technology Review; 2015-07-01.
Teaser: Advertisers are increasingly using technology that targets users across multiple devices, and it’s working.
- <quote>Industry officials [who?] say they want to turn up the temperature slowly on the frogs in the pot of advertising, lest they leap out and prod regulation.</quote>
- Studies. That. Show.
- Kamakshi Sivaramakrishnan, founder and CEO, Drawbridge.
- Roland Cozzolino, chief technology officer, MediaMath
- Andrew Sudbury, chief technology officer and cofounder, Abine, “maker of Blur.”
- Philip Smolin, senior vice president for strategy, Turn, “an agency”
Turn Hit With New Lawsuit Over ‘Zombie’ Cookies; Wendy Davis; In MediaPost; 2015-04-09.
- Anthony Henson, Rosedale NY
- William Cintron, Newburgy, NY
- UIDH, an HTTP Header
- PrecisionID, a trade name
- U.S. District Court for Northern District of California
- Jonathan Mayer, student, Stanford
Verizon Wireless token tracker triggers tech transparency tempest; Darren Pauli; In The Register; 2014-10-27.
Teaser: Users say opt out a feature in name only